Prerequisites for Academy
- Desire to do a quality job rather than "just good enough"
- Demonstrate maturity, high ethics and an ability to work well with others
- Demonstrate mental stamina in problem solving; the ability to concentrate on difficult problems for extended periods of time
- Provide letters of reference with contact information to attest to the above
- Demonstrate ability to clearly communicate well verbally or in written English
- Understand basic Algebra, Geometry, and Trigonometry... i.e. solving for variables, understanding different shapes and knowing the difference between a sine and a cosine
- A foundation in hard sciences (e.g. high school level physics) is desired but not necessary
- Have completed at least their junior year of high school
- Have completed a legitimate coding bootcamp and be able to demonstrate that you understand basic concepts like:
- Variables and their assignment
- Types (of data)
- Flow Control, which includes:
- Repetitive Loops (e.g. while loops)
- Conditional Branches (e.g. if-else)
Because the Academy is an intense program covering a lot of material in a relatively short time, we want to make sure all applicants are prepared to be successful. We're always willing to consider exceptions for exceptional candidates. If you haven't been through a bootcamp and want to apply directly to the Academy, you will need to demonstrate that you have acquired comparable skills.